Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Patch 4.0.1 Dropping Today

Well, folks, it's a big day over here for me, because Patch 4.0.1 is dropping today, which means when the servers finally come back up- and I'm making no bets that they'll be up when Blizzard says they'll be up (3pm EST- HA!)- I'll have a lot to do. Such is the life of an Altoholic. Here's a brief rundown by character of what is going to be done:

Cornellian- The first thing I'll be doing with Cornellian is respeccing to fire/frost, and then learning all the glyphs and making sure that her glyph choices are OK for this evening's Kingslayer run with Penetration. I'll write a post in more detail later about why I'm purchasing the run, but the long and short of it is that I'm having trouble finding a guild and I really want the achievement. PS: If you know a good guild on Ghostlands, or an amazing guild on another server, let me know, eh? I'm looking. There's also a good chance that I'll be re-gemming courtesy of my alchemist and jewelcrafter.

Apiaceae- The first thing I'm going to be doing with Apiaceae is hitting up the glyph trainer! Then I'll probably check herb prices (and possibly find that they're still high, but fingers crossed on that one), beg some herbs for milling off my father-in-law if they're too expensive, and make some of the dust (link goes to the cataclysm dust, but there was one implemented in the PTR of a different name) necessary to switch glyphs out. I'll probably work on a respec tomorrow.

After I do these two things, or possibly before, I'm hopping on my bank alt to list all the glyphs I whipped up last night in an attempt to take advantage of the inevitable rush for glyphs there will be now that we don't have to replace them every single time. I imagine that there will be other scribes doing this as well, so I'm not getting my hopes up *too* high in terms of how much money I will make, but I hope that I'll at least make a little profit over what I spent on herbs to mill (which I bought cheaply and then stopped purchasing as soon as the price went up).

Bellavita- This is a character you guys haven't seen yet! Unfortunately I haven't made her avatar, but I'm probably going to get on her and take stock of what changes have been made to gems. I know that ArPen is gone completely, replaced by Crit, and I'll probably be doing some gemcutting as well.

Taurrance- Shame on me, yet another level 80 that I haven't introduced to you guys yet. ;-) This is my druid, who's currently a Tauren but is probably going to die a terrible death in the Cataclysm and be replaced with a mysteriously level 80 Troll by another name ;-) Anyway, she's my Transmute-spec'd alchemist and I'll be confirming that the cooldowns on epic gem transmutes are gone, and probably transmuting a bunch of whatever gem I think is going to be the most profitable- along with whatever gems I need to get Cornellian up to snuff.

And that's just a brief rundown of what I'm going to be doing tonight- it's likely that tomorrow will be even more full of "excitement" in the form of getting *all* my characters respecc'd, taming some more pets with both Gytha and Rolf 2.0, and in general just seeing what I can do to continue to make gold before Cataclysm. I have set a goal for myself of 100k on Ghostlands only, and I'm well on my way to that (Minus the 10k I'm spending this evening to get Kingslayer, a minor setback at most). I'll probably keep farming Zul'Gurub until it goes away for mini-pets and Polymorph Tomes, as well as rep items for a few members of the Discount Heroes.

Oh, and farming Stratholme for The Deathcharger's Reins, which I am already preparing myself for not getting- there is only so much farming one can take and as the moment of truth draws near, I am understandably worried. I'm also only 3 reputations away from becoming Cornellian The Exalted, so I'm working on cleaning those up, as well. Currently I'm doing the Ogri'la dailies, and trying to get my fiance to help me farm for Keepers of Time reputation.

Once Cataclysm drops we will be doing more Discount Heroes guild activities for achievements, leveling, etc, but right now most of that is on hold (Except for the weekly raids and we've added a weekly ZG run as well). It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment